YHY History

The Old School (Yr Hen Ysgol) at Dinas Cross was generously gifted to the people of Dinas Cross by the Barony of Kemaes. In the 19th Century the Barony gave the land to the community of Dinas Cross to build a school.   

Dinas Cross has many standing stones and ancient monuments.

Cwm yr Eglwys Church ruins. The church of St. Brynach was partly destroyed in a storm in 1850. 

Standing stone, Dinas. One of many.

The Stonehenge blue stones (Crug Las) came from a quarry inland from Dinas. The Preseli Mountains, also known as the Preseli Hills, were the original location of the Stonehenge stood for hundreds of years overlooking Newport Bay. Dinas walks Garn Fawr

Pentre Ifan burial chamber: Website

Castell Henllys Iron Age Village: Website

Local history: Fishguard and Goodwick local history | Hanes lleol Abergwaun ac Wdig (hanesabergwaun.org.uk)

Dinas: Dinas Cross – Wikipedia